Built in 1964, “Café Moskau” was used during the GDR as an amusement palace, and today is a nationally known event location. The Sputnik satellite over the entrance, a gift from the Soviets, once symbolised technological innovation and progress. It corresponds to the transparency and lightness of the architecture of the two-storey atrium building. The orientation system takes on this transparency, and the design – at the client’s request – is based on the design of the orientation system for for the ewerk power station . The predominant colour blue is reminiscent of outer space and of the universe. The new logo, designed by Moniteurs, has also adopted this association with the planets, as well as using the architecture and history of the building as starting points for the design.
Josef Kaiser, Horst Bauer (1959)
HSH Hoyer Schindele Hirschmüller (refurbishment and conversion
of a listed restaurant into a conference centre)